Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Oh wait, I have a blog?

Yes, I realized today for about the 25th time that I haven't updated my blog in almost two months.

One could argue that opening a new company in this financially difficult time would be a great excuse. Coupled with the fact that I'm really the only staff employee. Or being a busy and enthusiastic family man. Or the 2 1/2 hour commute.

But realistically, it's just lazy and rather inexcusable. So I'm getting back into it.

In the three months since I opened I've realize that A) this is the best career move I've ever made and B) the music business pertaining to advertising is still a wild-west show after all these years.

Client continue to say things like "We'll just use the reference track" or "It's just not grabbing me, and I can't say why" or simply just not getting back in touch at all.

However despite all of this, this is a joy. I mean, I spend my day connecting with really interesting, generally like-minded people who are also trying to make some things happen and hopefully put a little positive creative thumbprint on something each day they show up at the office, stage, edit suite, audio room, etc. Not to mention that most of my day I'm inundated with music in some shape or the other, which is frankly how I've found myself living most of my life whether in this business or not. Tracks from composers, tracks from bands, artist's websites, iTunes searches, iPod playlists, it's all music and it all makes me extremely thankful for what I do for a living.

The point? I'm not sure, it's late and I just felt like if I didn't write something for myself, then why have a blog at all?

I'm looking forward to what project shows up tomorrow, and I'm sure that despite what craziness ensues, it will be an enjoyable ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment