Monday, April 6, 2009

Music!

It's a simple word, but so very powerful. 

Today is opening day in baseball.  To many the first "real" day of spring.  It just so happens that it's the first day of me making my return to the music business.

To be specific, being a creative resource and musical/sonic alliance for worldwide clients from my studio here in New York City.

As that is the case, I have created this blog not just to throw a bunch of random ideas down and talk about how the kids are doing at sports (that'll be another blog "2Kids4sports6Tylenol"), but rather my thoughts and discoveries within and around the universe of music.

I've realized as I've made a small name for myself creating music for commercials with my previous musical employer (the powerful Singing Serpent) that I definitely have a reputation for certain types of music.  Prog rock, 80's pop, new wave, jazz...

And let's be honest, it's all true.  Few people can spout rare prog rock facts as I can.

Peter Gabriel in essence doing the very first "stage dive" and breaking his leg in the process.

Pink Floyd playing a show so loud near a small river in the UK that fish started floating to the surface, dead.

Therefore, I'm making this a journey for me to not only revisit some of those genres and share some knowledge, but more importantly to investigate and explore new genres, styles, periods and movements.  That way not only am I expanding my own palate, but also hopefully imparting new knowledge on to the 2 or 3 people who decide to actually read this blog.

If you are reading this and therefore have figured out my amazing knack for saying so little with so many words, there is much more to come my friends.  Rather than opening the long-awaited bakery-movie paraphernalia combo in SoHo called "Go Ahead, Make my Danish", I will soon be officially announcing the web site, brand, and overall awesomeness of my new music company.

BlackBoard3

So, stay tuned you lost surf-rider, if you find your way through the wormhole back to my blog again, you may just learn a thing or three about Herbie Hancock, Van Halen, or Dixie Dregs.



No comments:

Post a Comment